Work Effectively: 5 Services for Business Time Planning
In today’s world there’s no place for a waste of time, and it’s very important to use it at 100%. Therefore, efficient use of time is more important than ever, especially in business, when it leads to a loss of money.
Fortunately, today there are many services that can help to correctly distribute time and responsibilities between employees, so that in the end it will bring a positive financial result.
Also, some services will be useful if you are going on a business trip. One of them is Rental24H.com, with the help of which you can pick up a rental car anywhere you need, thereby saving time on getting to the desired point. In addition, you can compare all available suppliers at once, which promises to get the best price. And as you know, price is what matters in business.
In addition to Rental24H.com, there are many services that will allow you to rationally spend working time. Here are a few of them:
This is one of the most popular project management tools based on the kanban scheduling system. The approach allows you to evenly distribute the load between all project participants and complete tasks on time. The intuitive interface and many free features help you quickly build work in a small team.
- All major tools are available for free.
- Visual representation of tasks in the form of cards.
- There is no built-in reporting.
- You can’t track the real time for the task and the effectiveness of employees.
Cost: from $9.99 per user per month. In the paid version you can use your own backgrounds and stickers, get faster technical support, create an unlimited number of team boards, attach files up to 250 megabytes.
This task scheduler is chosen for its clarity and functionality. Asana is a compromise between very simple solutions and more multifunctional ones. All basic options – setting tasks, dividing them between projects, assigning tasks to team employees – are available for free. This allows Asana to be used by small teams and small businesses that seek ways to cut costs.
- Integration with dozens of services: Adobe Creative Cloud, Slack, Dropbox, Google Drive, Mailchimp.
- Possibility of advanced project management.
- Low cost.
- Slow tech support.
Cost: from $ 9.99 per user per month. In the paid version, users get access to Asana Academy training content and advanced search by tasks. Also, it becomes possible to create private teams and projects, use integrations with various services to track project work time.
This is one of the very first note-taking apps, which after recent updates has turned into a full-fledged task scheduler. It’s more suitable for planning the work of one leader or a small team than for managing a huge staff. Evernote will appeal to those who are used to using services for notes, but want more features: joint task execution and time planning, maintaining a common customer database.
- Convenient navigation and task search.
- You can create tasks directly from mail and the Internet.
- All data is stored in Google Cloud, which guarantees their safety and confidentiality.
- It’s not easy to master on your own – you need to read instructions or watch instructional videos.
- Many features are rarely used in practice.
Cost: $3.99 per month for a personal account, $5.99 per month for one user for a team of two people. In the paid version, you can send emails to your Evernote account, work with PDF files, view previous versions of notes, turn notes into presentations, attach files from Google Drive.
Wunderlist is another note service, which is also suitable for business planning. In 2015, it was bought by Microsoft and promised to replace it with a new application, but so far this hasn’t happened. Wunderlist can be used to create notes, to-do lists, work day planning, or teamwork. This is a great solution for those who need a simple everyday tool to track personal performance.
- Basic tools for work are available in the free version.
- Intuitive integration with Slack – working chat for team members.
- Help and blog sections are in English only.
Cost: $4.99 per month for a personal account, $4.99 per month for one user. In the paid version, you can assign an unlimited number of tasks to a user, attach an unlimited number of files to tasks, and set as many tasks as you like.
It’s suitable for those who want to use one tool for work instead of several ones. Notion allows not only to plan individual work processes, but also to work on projects comprehensively. In a single workspace, you can set tasks, leave notes and store documents necessary for work. The service will appeal to those who can’t separate the working life from the personal one, but want to streamline everything.
- The ability to create your own knowledge base.
- Integration with Google Docs, Slack and other useful services.
- Full-fledged collaboration on tasks.
- English interface provided only.
- Many difficult-to-understand features.
Cost: from $8 per user per month. In the paid version, you can view and restore previous versions of projects, export content to HTML, Markdown and PDF, get faster technical support, upload files of unlimited volume.